& later echomyst
tagged me some time ago with this meme:
First, 11 random things about me:
- I always set my alarms at odd numbers. Even if I want a 7am alarm, it's always 7:01. I don't know why. Just a habit.
- I freak out completely at the sight of frogs (at one time, it was even at the thought of frogs and even mentioning the word, frog!! but that has subsided).
- I dream in English not Telugu (my mother tongue).
- I enjoy being with and around people; at the same time I am terribly shy.
- My handwriting changes with every pen I use!
- I can whistle only blowing air in not out.
- Littlest of things amuse me
- I much prefer catching a bus to somewhere than driving a car to somewhere (well, I prefer the train/metro actually).
- I sleep mostly on my right side.
- Every time I remove my glasses, I have to rub my eyes.
- I enjoy doing the dishes at the end of the day/evening. But of course, these days I am too tired and ask hubby to do it. But it's a great time for me to think about stuff.
Now for amygooglegirl
And from echomyst
Here are my questions:
1. If you could choose anyone (living or not, real or fictional), who would you pick as your mentor? That changes as my life changes! Right now I look to the mothers who are so wonderful with their kids, the ones who are patient and keep their children engaged!
2. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever received? the best gift, growing up getting "gifts" were rare. We got a few toys and stuff, but they weren't labelled "gifts". The first one I remember was when my dad travelled to the Singapore for the first time in the late 80s and brought back a dress, which I absolutely loved! I am sure I have a ton of pictures in it as I wore it for years every chance I got! My mom had to hide it for a while before giving it away I think!
The worst gift? The gift in itself was not bad, it's just that never got used - a photo album! I no longer print photos. So, feel that was wasted! :(
3. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Leaving Hawai'i in 2003.
4. What did you do during your childhood summers? played outdoors!!!!! :)
5. Your home’s on fire. What are you going to save aside from loved ones, pets, and important documents? The external hard-drive and cameras!! Too many memories saved inside to just let go!
6. An apocalyptic event strikes your area and you’re unsure how widespread the disaster is. Where will you go and why? If I can fly out of the city, to Bangalore. My parents' home. I am safe there.
7. You are about to make a sizable donation of time and/or money to a cause near and dear to your heart. What is this cause? Well, recently I did donate to the Breastfeeding Center of Washington DC!
8. If you could give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be? Don't limit your opportunities.
9. What irks you? tardiness
10. What is a book and/or artist and/or movie that you think I should check out? I wish I was reading and/or watching interesting things to answer this! But all I can think of is Dr. Seus & 1,2,3 Magic!
11. What’s the strangest/most awesome food you’ve ever eaten? This prawn pizza in Brasilia. We were brought up vegetarians. In Brazil in the early 80s there was no access to good vegetarian stuff. Only red beans. So, we did eat some non-veg stuff then (as a family). So, that prawn pizza was strange since I had never eaten prawn before and never heard of it before and never had pizza either!! And it was just delicious!